- VLE and VFL
- From VLE 1.1, the extension (FSA, Petri net, Difference Equation, etc.) are provided into packages. A package can provides simulators, data, documentation, headers and static libraries. A package can depends of another package to be build and to be use at runtime of the simulation.
- The package can now be installed from remote repositories with the command line interface or via GVLE. Packages and thiers build dependencies and runtime dependencies are automatically downloaded and builded.
- To improve the stability of VLE, We merge all shared libraries of vle (libvleutils, libvlevpz, libvledevs etc.) into an unique shared library called libvle-1.1.so or vle-1.1.dll. We provide a archive called vle-1.1.a or vle-1.1.lib.
- We remove the Eov program and the libvleeov shared library. Now, graphical output are available into the GVLE application.
- Add a dependency to the Boost::Asio library. Now, VLE depends on Asio library to download data over http protocol.
- Add a dependency to the libarchive library (http://libarchive.github.com/) to extract gzip, bzip2 tarball and Zip archives from the remote repositories.
- Add an MPI mode with the command line interface MPI. For MPI, VLE depends of an MPI library.
- We replace the init and finalize functions in old libvleutils, libvlevalue, libvlemanager with a new classical object.
- Add a new RemoteMananger class to access remote repositories. The command line interface is inspirited from the apt-get debian's command:
vle --remote update vle --remote install glue vle --remote search '*gl*' vle --remote show glue
- Change the packages directory name. To allow the use of VLE 1.0 and 1.1 on the same $VLE_HOME directory, we need to clearly split the packages from the two versions. We add in the VLE's version.hpp file, a macro VLE_ABI_VERSION equal to VLE_VERSION_MAJOR.VLE_VERSION_MINOR. We use this macro to define the name of the pkgs directory. For example, in VLE 1.1, the package directory is defined as vle/pkgs-1.1 and in VLE 1.2, the package directory is defined as vle/pkgs-1.2. The current stable version of VLE is not change and use packages in vle/pkgs directory.
- Remove Socket and Hosts classes. In VLE 1.1, we remove distant access to OOV and EOV. Thus, the utils::Socket and utils::Hosts are useless.
- Rewrite the Manager system: Add a new Manager class to improve the stability of the API. The manager class allows to run in thread and MPI mode the experimental frames.
- Add a Simulation class to replace JustRun and Run classes.
- Update the Types available in Manager. We prefer use the Matrix value instead of the OutputMatrix of the Oov namespace. Add operator and, or, xor, equal and different between SimulationOptions and LogOptions to ensure correct type casting.
- VPZ : Remove any reference to distant and local dynamics plugins and merge the libgraph.
- extension, geometry, eov and graph are removed.
Install VLE 1.1
To use VLE 1.1 on linux, you need to build vle. See the technical documentation for building vle
- Uninstall the previous version
- Remove the remaining variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH (only earlies versions)
- Uninstall/remove the Mingw compiler (if not needed by another application)
- Uninstall Cmake (if not required by another application)
- Follow the next sections for installation
- Installation of vle
- Download the binary file (vle-X.X.X-Windows-x86.exe see above). X.X.X is the last version.
- Install VLE, it is is highly recommended to not to use a path that contains spaces (e.g. change the path c:\Program Files\vle-X.X.X to c:\vle-X.X.X)
- Installation requirement for rvle
- download R here and install it. To use rvle, you have to use the 32 bits application R i386
- add an environment variable VLE_HOME with value c:\users\login\vle (replace login with your own login name). The directory must exist before launching application.
- Install the R Package RUnit from CRAN : type install.packages("RUnit") or use the menu 'Packages'
- Installation of rvle
- download rvle (with the same version numbers as vle)
- install rvle by choosing into the menu 'install packages from local zip file'