VLE includes VLE (command line interface), GVLE (graphical user interface) and the VFL (full C++ API to model and to simulate). RVLE is the R package to bind ®[https://www.r-project.org/] and VLE. PyVLE is the python package to bind Python and VLE. Finally, package is a lot of extensions and examples.
Windows (32bits binaries for Windows 7, 8, 10):
Sources (See the the README files in all tarballs):
Operating Systems supported by VLE are Linux/Unix and Windows. Compilers used to build VLE and VLE Packages are :
- g++/clang on Linux/Unix
- Mingw32 on windows
The dependencies are:
- glibmm (>= 2.22)
- libxml2 (>= 2.8)
- libarchive (>= 2.0)
- boost (>= 1.41)
- cmake (>= 2.8.0)
- make (>= 1.8)
- c++ compiler (gcc >= 4.4, clang >= 3.1, intel icc (>= 11.0)
- any MPI 2 library as OpenMpi, mpich (for mvle program)
- gtkmm (>= 2.22.0) (for gvle program).
Changes from VLE 1.0
- From VLE 1.1, the extension (FSA, Petri net, Difference Equation, etc.) are provided into packages. A package can provides simulators, data, documentation, headers and static libraries. A package can depends of another package to be build and to be use at run-time of the simulation.
- The package can now be installed from remote repositories with the command line interface or via GVLE. Packages and theirs build dependencies and run-time dependencies are automatically downloaded and build.
- To improve the stability of VLE, We merge all shared libraries of
vle (libvleutils, libvlevpz, libvledevs etc.) into an unique shared
vle-1.1.dll. We provide a archive called
- We remove the Eov program and the libvleeov shared library. Now, graphical output are available into the GVLE application.
- Add a dependency to the
boost::Asiolibrary. Now, VLE depends on Asio library to download data over http protocol.
- Add a dependency to the libarchive library to extract gzip, bzip2 tarball and Zip archives from the remote repositories.
- Add an MPI mode with the command line interface MPI. For MPI, VLE depends of an MPI library.
- We replace the init and finalize functions in old libvleutils, libvlevalue, libvlemanager with a new classical object.
Add a new RemoteMananger class to access remote repositories. The command line interface is inspirited from the apt-get debian’s command:
$ vle --remote update $ vle --remote install glue $ vle --remote search '*gl*' $ vle --remote show glue
Change the packages directory name. To allow the use of VLE 1.0 and 1.1 on the same
VLE_HOMEdirectory, we need to clearly split the packages from the two versions. We add in the VLE’s version.hpp file, a macro
VLE_VERSION_MAJOR.VLE_VERSION_MINOR. We use this macro to define the name of the pkgs directory. For example, in VLE 1.1, the package directory is defined as
vle/pkgs-1.1and in VLE 1.2, the package directory is defined as
vle/pkgs-1.2. The current stable version of VLE is not change and use packages in
Remove Socket and Hosts classes. In VLE 1.1, we remove distant access to OOV and EOV. Thus, the
Rewrite the Manager system: Add a new Manager class to improve the stability of the API. The manager class allows to run in thread and MPI mode the experimental frames.
- Add a Simulation class to replace JustRun and Run classes.
- Update the Types available in Manager. We prefer use the Matrix value instead of the OutputMatrix of the Oov namespace. Add operator and, or, xor, equal and different between SimulationOptions and LogOptions to ensure correct type casting.
VPZ: Remove any reference to distant and local dynamics plugins and merge the libgraph.
extension, geometry, eov and graph are removed.