The VLE project has an IRC channel available on the Freenode server. This channel requires no password. You can use any standard IRC client client: Pidgin, xchat (for Windows or Linux), Adium (for Mac OS X) or irssi.
The parameters to be configured are:
- Host: irc.freenode.net
- Port: 8001 (or 6667 If the first one does not work)
- Channel: #vle
- Encoding: UTF-8 (preferably)
Via the Sourceforge web site, we have created a set of mailing lists for the discussions on VLE generally, its evolution, bug reports, features requests, etc. in French or English.
- vle-users: for any users.
- vle-devel: for developers of VLE and advanced users.
- vle-news: only mails about new version of VLE.
Some remarks on the use of the VLE mailing lists:
- Before sending an e-mail on a bugs report, a features request, please verify that an answer does not exist in archives in the FAQ or on the rest of the web site.
- Attachments are limited to 40 KB. If you want to send more important attachments, place the file(s) on a server and send the URL to the list.
- Do not send e-mail in HTML format.